Welded Exhaust

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Welded Exhaust
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 9:41:32 -0500
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
    I have had an exhaust manifold welded years ago. I was a poor military
guy that could not pay the price the dealer wanted for a replacement part. A
welder on the AFB fixed it up for me.  You need to find a good welder to do
it but it can still look bad cosmetically.  Also in the back of my mind I
was always waiting for it to crack some more. It lasted 80K miles before I
quite using that engine.
    Recently I purchased a replacent manifold for this spare engine (GT6).
Actually I bought a like new GT6 exhaust and a really good MKIV Spit intake
for $40 from Classis and Unique Vehicles in Austin. Mark has a pile of these
in his warehouse. For the time and effort involved I personally would
replace the manifold rather than weld it. Mark at Classic can be reached at
512 388-0700. He ships parts anywhere.
   I have no involvment with this place of business other than finding good
used parts when I need them.
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L