Re: Autumn Driving

Subject: Re: Autumn Driving
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 12:28:55 -0500
Hi Brian!

Just wanted to say -- I drive from McKinney into North Dallas, and
decided the weather was too excellent to pass up taking the Spit.  I had
a very early start today -- about 54 degrees, TOP DOWN!!!  Wheee!  It
was chilly...  I was just out at lunchtime, and it is a GORGEOUS 74
here, and the rolling hills of the overpasses of the Tollway are great!
Got honked at by truckers.  Hmmm.  Waved to and got no response from a
newer Jag convertible (driver too busy on phone to notice anything on
road -- scary!), a Porsche convertible, and a Miata, all tops down.
Lost count of top-up convertibles of all types.  The guy at my video
duplicating service oohed and aahed over Elliott since his wife had a
Spit and he has fond(?) memories of working on it -- he was showing me
the scars...  I drove through Addison Circle looking for foliage, and
the trees the horticulturist was putting in are nice, but I wouldn't
term them "foliage."  Actually the drive down 121 to Tollway is very
pretty -- rolling fields, green trees, slight hills; just ignore the new
subdivisions cropping up left and right.

The feeling of driving Elliott in the cool crisp weather after the
scorching heat of the summer is just incredible.  It would be much nicer
to be up in New England doing this, but then again, I can easily drive
Elliott year-round here, instead of tucking him away for the winter up
north.  I am so proud to be the owner of one of the neatest cars ever
made!!

Very happy today in North Dallas,
Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley