Re: Wanker origins [was TR4 Sold]

To: Trevor Jordan <trevor.jordan@rmit.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Wanker origins [was TR4 Sold]
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:49:58 -0700
Cc: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Trevor Jordan wrote: A few years ago, the computer company Wang was conducting a
publicity

> campaign for its customer service/support.  The US head office developed a
> poster with the headline "Wang Cares".  The Australian subsidiary
> absolutely refused to use it.  I am not sure that head office ever
> understood why.
>
> Trevor Jordan
> 74 TR6 CF29281U

 Trevor,
        This reminds me of a story about the electronics company "Siemens", told
to me several years ago by one of their employees.
        The company was looking for premises in the South of the UK. The
preferred site was at Staines (in Middlesex I think - that's a county!). Siemens
pulled out of the deal when it was pointed out that their receptionists would
have to answer the 'phone with "Good morning - Siemens Staines!",

        Bill.
--

    ^================^      This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
 |_|                  |_|   1975 Spitfire 1500