Re: TR-6 Thrust washers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Thrust washers
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 01:04:06 -0700
> Paul,
>
> I think you have it backwards.
> Oil groves are for oil. It is best to oil parts that move.
> Sorry for adding to the confusion John.
>
>-jimb

> P.S. if you think I'm wrong check out the smooth side, it has the size
>stamped on it. you don't put this next to your rotating crank!
>
>>John; The side with the oil grooves faces the block. The smooth side,
>>which is the actual bearing surface, faces the crankshaft. Simple, eh?

The grooves on the bearings are there for a purpose.......to allow oil to
lubricate the moving surfaces and reduce wear/friction. I learned this the
hard way when a local f*#@ing engine rebuilder put mine in backwards and
promptly reduced them to scrap metal. Then the dorks refused responsibilty.
I'm getting a headache just thinking about that episode.:-(

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!
Rap = Disco for the 90's