Re: Steering wheel head unit

To: mdfatsi@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Steering wheel head unit
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 21:55:42 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-14 12:03:34 EDT, mdfatsi@erols.com writes:

<< I want to remove the head unit from the center of a Moto-Lita steering
 wheel. This appears to be a standard TR-3 head unit. I want to believe
 that it simply pops off, but it doesn't seem to want to come off easily
 and I don't want to break it off. Its there a trick to getting one of
 these things off or do I need to pry harder? Thanks in advance.
 -MF >>

I don't know about the Mota-Lita but on the standard wheel there are two
'grub screws' on the backside of the steering wheel and then the  gland nut
on the stator tube coming out of the steering box needs to be loosened so the
stator tube, which is attached to the control head, will pull out through the
steering column. Good Luck
Bob Paul