Re: Non LBC tech question

To: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Non LBC tech question
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 20:58:02 +0100
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, TR8 <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Bollen wrote:

> Anybody out there know anything about driers? My wife wants a new one
> because the old one doesn't work properly. I want to take temp readings
> at the different cycles, but don't know what these temps should be-- can
> someone help. I'm sure 220F is too high for "delicate".
> Stu  74 TR6  77 GE drier
Stu: look in the yellow pages for a local aplliance parts supplier. They
also sell "shop manuals" for just about every model washer and drier
ever built! I'll quess the temp sensor is shot, failing to shut the heat
off at the right temp. Fix it your self, and tell the Mrs. that the
money you saved on a service call is going towards the TR!