Re: Carb fun....

To: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Subject: Re: Carb fun....
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:46:05 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris Lillja wrote:

> I spent the 2nd half of the weekend going nuts on a set of freshly
> rebuilt HS6's.
> Insights? Experineces? Talk to me people.......

Chris,
Make sure that the throttle shafts are not worn letting air seep in
around them.

Also make sure the lost motion lever has a small amount of play in it.

Make sure that with the engine off and the jet adjusted so that the
top is flush with the lower surface of the inside of the carb, the
piston drops with a metalic sounding clink when released.  That makes
sure the jet is centered.  If it does not, adjust the jet and repeat
the step until it does.

You also wnat to check to see if the jets are still round.  THat may
be symptomatic of oval (worn) jets.

Hope this helps.  If not it will kill time until somebody else suggests
something that will,

Joe Curry  '63 Spit