Re: V-8's

To: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: V-8's
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:03:41 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "The Stretz's" <ccfarm@tranquility.net>, Dennis Reese <dennisr@premier1.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Paul Burr wrote:

> > Neither the Cobra nor the Tiger can handle corners all that well, however.
> > There's a nice long straight stretch of highway near where I live.  One
> > day a Tiger owner decided to "see what she'll do".
> >
> > He ain't around any more.
>
> Beg to differ Malcolm! Most people think the Tiger is a nose heavy pig,
> but the engine was set back far enough to achieve a 55%/45%  front/rear
> weight ratio. The Tiger is heavy turning at parking lot speeds, but at
> road speeds (and trust me, way beyond anything legal speed!) it is a
> really nice handling ride, especially when fitted with modern tires. As
> for late Tiger pilot, many a driver has put the pedal down in a car that
> was beyond their ability and good judgment.

V. true, but being naturally stubborn I still would place it in the
"rocket mini-yacht" class :-)

I don't know the details of the mishap, it happened quite some time ago.
The Tiger's not the only vehicle to do nasties on that curve; the
guardrail has the paint to prove it.

As for the judgement call, that's affirmed... people sometimes forget that
physics still applies to expensive cars.

Then there's the story about the guy who drove a Fiat X1/9 for too long
and ended up getting a Ford Econoline *stuck* in a driveway by trying to
turn it around!

-Malcolm