Need some Stag help

To: stag@mailgate.wizvax.net
Subject: Need some Stag help
From: Vito Pacione <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 00:19:00 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I just bought a new 73 Stag. It runs really rough and has no power on the
low end at all until it starts to get a little warm (about three or so
minutes of idling).

I'm looking for some opinions on how to proceed. Should I try to work on
thr carbs? If so what might be the primary causes?

Another approach might be to check compression and retune the car before
doing anything to the carbs to get a baseline (probably the best as I think
about it).

Also, does anyone know how to get to the two bolts holding on the two sides
of the front bumper? The heads seem to be completely inaccessable. I can't
find a way to get to them from the engine compartment or the bottom or the
front of the car. I know I am missing something obvious, but I just don't
see it.

Thanks for the help.