Re: Painting TR250 Frame

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: Painting TR250 Frame
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 08:44:19 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
JoeSimcoe@aol.com wrote:

> I am about to paint my TR250 frame with Bill Hirsch's Miracle paint.  The
> hard black stuff that is supposed to inhibit rust.
>
> ANY COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS -  IDEAS
>
> Thanks,
> JoeSimcoe
> (please respond directly to me as I am on the Digest - then c.c. the list)
I suggest painting something else first and after it thoroughly dries,
apply ample coats of raw gasoline (petrol) to the paint to see if it
bubbles up.  You'd be surprised how many paints won't stand up to that
solvent.  Make sure you let it stand on the surface (like it will when
your carbs overflow)

You don't want to spend all that time and money and have the paint
peel off after exposure to fuel

Joe Curry  '63 Spit