Wix oil filters

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wix oil filters
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 97 11:20:49 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     I was in at the local UAP/NAPA store and there on the counter was a
     Wix oil filter, reputedly (according to this list) the best.

     When I said that I hadn't known that they carried them there, the guy
     informed me that the UAP/NAPA oil filters are in fact Wix in disguise.
     Apparently Fram wouldn't supply UAP/NAPA with oil filters with
     UAP/NAPA written on them, so they switched to Wix when they wanted to
     start selling "their own" brand.

     There was also a nice display with Purolater, Fram, and UAP filters
     with removable tops, and you can certainly see the difference.

     Here's the best part: I asked whether he could get me a Wix cartridge
     for my TR3 and he had 3 on the shelf! It also was clearly superior to
     the Unipart one I just bought. (It cost more too.)

     Jim Wallace
     60 TR3 TS81417