Re: V-8 Spit???

To: mlazye@northvalley.com, curry@wolfenet.com, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Subject: Re: V-8 Spit???
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 12:59:57 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mailer: Inet_Mail_Out [IMO_0_8]
In a message dated 97-10-09 11:24:34 EDT, mlazye@northvalley.com (Mark A.
Erickson) writes:

> If one looks around, one might find the Buick Alum V-6 (the little brother
>  to the 215 Alum, 188 cubes, 90 degree, mfg. 1961-62)

Mark:

The Buick V6 was iron, not aluminum. It was the same engine as the aluminum
V8, with two cylinders lopped off, but for some reason, the 'powers that were'
decided to cast it in iron. It weighed about 50 pounds more than the aluminum
V8.

That is basically the same engine that is in use today, much refined, of
course. I have one in my shop, if anyone would like to get dimensions. I can
also give you a fair approximation of the weight, if you need it.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74