Rover V8 into Spit thread

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rover V8 into Spit thread
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 23:23:28 -0600
Thanks to all who offered advice on this project.  Yes, the alum. v8 is
lighter than the stock 4cyl.  V6's are out as I enjoy the rumble of a V8.
My intention is to equip the V8 with a Chev 305 crank and go the whole
distance with 5.0L of displacement, large valves, etc. expecting about 275
honest HP.  The chassis if properly modified should live up to the power
infusion.  The automatic is a 3spd. and I want to use it to spend more time
concentrating on pointing the car - not shifting gears (really, it should
shock the drive train less).  I will graft in a more sturdy rear end
(Toyota Supra in mind).  When all is finished, it will be installed under a
fiberglass bonnet with a roll cage stiffing the chassis.  GT6 brakes will
work behind Shelby alum. wheels.  The exhaust will flow through custom
headers and exit via 3" dia. supertraps.
I must sign off now as the first snows of winter are forcast for tonight.
We have a lot of winter down time to build our dream rides here in the
frozen north (Edmonton Alberta Canada)
ps: my stable of Spits= 80 Spit (25K kms origional down to the factory air
in the tires - euro spec twin SU's)
                                  69 Spit (still running fine with 75K mi.)
                          70 GT6+ rusty but trusty
ppss: when done I want the vanity plate "2FAST4U"  (wife won't let me get
"69 SPIT" -- she thinks it may be viewed as too gross)  ---> just to add to
the vanity plate thread!!!

Larry (SPITMAN) Quirk