Re: Daytona Historics

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Daytona Historics
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 17:24:32 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DLMAssoc@aol.com wrote:

> The bride, the boy and I trekked down to Daytona last Saturday to watch some
> of the vintage racing and got to meet Richard Taylor of "drive it there and
> race it" fame.  I don't know whether he got home or not, but as of Saturday
> he was doing fine with his red TR4 #96.  Apparently he had some trouble on
> the way down from Atlanta, but managed to get there and by the time we saw
> him the car was fine.  Every time he'd go by, the grandboy (age 5) would yell
> "go Richard" over and over.  We think he might have won because the last time
> we saw him go by he was just ahead of the Morgan and Porche which had been
> leading the whole race.

Sorry Don, he was actually just about to be lapped by the Porsche, which
took over the lead after the Morgan blew a shift headed out onto Nascar
turn 1.  Too bad the white '64 Spit didn't do better either, placing
dead last, well, except for the Daimler that blew up!  It *was* a great
event though.  (We were the idiots standing on the roof of our Jeep
cheering the Spitfire....)

John

--
Come see us on the Web!