Re: rebuilding TR6 seat cushions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: rebuilding TR6 seat cushions
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 7 Oct 97 12:19:17
>>Alright - I'm quickly growing tired of seeing morsels of seat cushion
>foam fall over my brand new carpeting.  I'm a bit short on time these
>days and seem to remember that rebuilding seat cushions is a job that
>requires great care and patience (I'm not exactly flush with cash,
>either). Has anyone had an upholstery shop perform the labor with kits
>bought from TRF/Moss/VB/Brit Conn/BPNW.  How much did they charge.  Who
>supplies the seat kit with the best value?
>
>Carl Huppert

Carl:
I used the kit from Moss (foam only, my covers were ok)and was very pleased
with it, comfortwise, fit, etc.  I paid about $150 for an upholstery shop to
install it, after stripping one down myself and realizing they wouldn't look
the same with my "washboard" effect!  Money well spent, IMO.
Craig Stone  76 TR-6<<

I put TRF kits in my Spitfire, was satisfied with the quality, and had an auto
ulphosterer put the kits together.  What I discovered when calling around was
that
there was absolutely no set price for doing the job.  I got quotes of $100 to
$400.
Ultimately, a shop did the job (both seats) nicely for $200, but afterwards
said they
would have asked for more had they known how difficult it was going to be (!)
But
given the special tools and experience required for upholstering, everyone who
tells you not to mess with it is absolutely ... right.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6