Springs and dampers - help!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Springs and dampers - help!
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@nuera.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 16:05:12 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8762648333alinkens@fargo>
Technical help needed please!
I've fitted uprated springs and Spax dampers on both my cars and am puzzled by
the change to the ride. Rather than just getting a firmer ride I've got in both
cases a very bumpy ride such that the car jolts quite badly over bumps etc. The
handling is good otherwise.
I guess I don't understand exactly the interaction between the dampers and
springs. Can someone please explain it in simple laymen terms to me or point me
to an article that can help me understand the fundamentals.
Essentially I would like better handling with a comfortable ride on the average
road surface. Am I expecting too much?
thanks
Andy
'69 Vitesse