'73 TR6 Ignition switch

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '73 TR6 Ignition switch
From: ebachman <ebachman@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 09:14:44 -0700
I have an early '73 TR6, CF8981U.  I have been having electrical
problems. (Can you imagine that?  A british car with electrical
problems!)  When I went to pull the ignition switch, it kind of
disintegrated.  The question arose when I went to the VB & Moss
catalogs.  Both show the ignition switch as an assembly with a pigtail
and a multi-pin connector.  I have the switch shown on the '70 - '72
models with the connectors directly on the rear of the switch.

The history of the car is unknown, but there have been numerous
electrical modifications (read that as "patches") made to the car.  I
can't find anything that appears to be a splice to change out the
switch.

Is there anyone out there with a '73 that can tell me if this is the
original switch or should it have the pigtail version?

Thanks,

Eric Bachman

* "I just got a Triumph for my wife!" *
* "Good Trade!!"                      *