TR250 for sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR250 for sale
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 01:45:17 -0600 (MDT)
Today was another excellent fall day in Salt Lake, just the kind of weather
that makes you want to drive forever with the top down, on a wonderful stretch
of twisty highway.  But most of the miles I put in today were done with the
Jeep, drat.  I did get to drive one of my Triumphs around for a bit, though,
my TR-250.  Not much of a drive, just out of the garage and onto the trailer,
then up and down the driveway in front of the shop before moving it in to get
some work done on it.  I'm going to once again work on getting out of the big
TR line, and concentrate on the Herald based cars.  Of course, if Edwin
convinces me I need his TR-7 and the parts he has to make it an autocrosser...

At any rate, I am offering my TR-250 for sale.  I took some Polaroids, will try
to get those scanned in in a day or two.  Further details:

Rare Jasmine yellow with tan interior combination.  Has various problem areas
at the moment, like engine, paint, brakes, clutch, exhaust.  Is basically a
sound vehicle, with some new interior bits, straight body, some surface rust
and scratches in spots, back window is getting opaque, and so on.  I've not
driven it for a few years, as the engine needs to be freshened up, it smokes a
bit and fouls some of the plugs.  Has a Clifford 6-3-1 header, Monza exhaust
which is old, leaky and suffering from a couple of broken brackets at the
moment.  A quieter exhaust system could be worked into the deal for some of
the following options.

 == What it needs to be driveable:

     brake master cylinder replaced
     clutch work
     exhaust work

Option 1:   As is, where is:  $3,647.28   ( Where is Salt Lake City, Utah )

Option 2:  Driveable, $4,321, where driveable means I fix brakes, clutch,
           patch up exhaust, check lights, etc.

Option 3:  Option 2 plus I freshen engine:  $5,000  "Freshen' here means new
           rings, valve job, bearings, thrust washers, not a full rebuild.

Option 4:  I turn the 250 into a great SCCA DSP autocrosser, quick street
           car, etc.  On some courses, the 250 could be quite a bit faster
           than the Killer Spit.  Price negotiable depending on customer
           specification, but not cheap.

Delivery within a day or so of driving distance can be arranged.  If you happen
to live in the San Francisco bay area, and are willing to take delivery around
the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday here in the states, you could be in luck, in
terms of delivery time and expense.

If interested, let me know. I, of course, will NOT entertain any talk of making
a deal involving some cash and a Spitfire, or GT-6, or Vitesse, or an Ambro body
for my TR3 project, or a basket of bits that was once a Formula Ford, or ???

mjb.