Re: TR-3A Which engine

To: <STEELWINDS@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR-3A Which engine
From: "Mark A. Erickson" <mlazye@northvalley.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 15:18:49 -0700
The engines are the same and very interchangeable, both in whole and
internal parts. Use "AE" pistons (see message to Randy dated today) and
cylinders in the TR-4 engine. This will give you a spare set to refurbish
and keep on the shelf.

The TR-4 trans is 1in longer then the TR-3. You "DO NOT" have to shorten
the drive shaft! Just turn the TR-3's trans support upside down (you might
have to grind a small bit off the support flange for clearance). You are
now set to switch engines and trans back and forth at will. With a little
practice you can do a switch in about two hours, all by yourself.

Mark