1954 MGTF - UPDATE (JoeSimcoe)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1954 MGTF - UPDATE (JoeSimcoe)
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 11:19:10 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
To those who responded to my first post - sorry if I haven't gotten back to
each of you individually.

Here is the update:

The 1954 MGTF which was offered for sale is off the market.  The mother
offered to sell it to me, but after getting it home, her son (in his 40's)
decided he wanted to attempt the completion of the restoration.  He has my
number and I have told him if he looses interest to please call me, as I know
numerous people (all of you) who would like to see the car completed.  I will
repost if he changes his mind.

You may remember that there was another MG - a TF or TD also in the same shop
as well as a spitfire.

As far as I know both cars are still in there. The building (and contents)
have been seized by the Internal Revenue Service.  I have spoken to the owner
of the Spit (in fact I have some of his parts I am holding for him)  I dont
know if he wants the car back or is fed up and will sell it.  I will ask, and
if it is for sale I'll repost to these lists.  As far as I know the spit is
nothing special, but did look to be fairly solid.

I don't know anything about the other MG.  Again, if I can find anything out
I'll let you know.

JoeSimcoe