Quafie vs Detroit Locker

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Quafie vs Detroit Locker
From: ybullet@flash.net (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 22:01:37 -0500
Hey Scions,

   I've been reading the thread on the Quaife Differential.  To tell the truth,
I don't know a whole lot about this particular setup.  I've seen photos and
cut-away views, but I have to tell you that the Detroit Locker I run in "The
Yellow Bullet" works pretty well.  It's origianlly from a Ford Mustang.

   Two years ago I took this differtentail apart to see how it works and decided
to change the two outside springs to a larger diameter, thicker material, and
one that was a bit taller.

   It works even better now.  There is no torque steer and both wheels drive
all of the time.  It does make for a little bouncing around corners when
pulling away and will wear tires, but I'm very happy with it.

   Any other views?

                                        Steve

1968 TR250