Re: Notice of Non-Lurk

To: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Notice of Non-Lurk
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 23:42:29 -0400
John L. Walker wrote:
> Question #1: There's a tube coming out of the valve cover; I suspect that
> I've got a 4A engine in the car.  Can I route this tube to any other part
> of the car to increase performance/economy/etc?  Should I plug it?
> Should I worry?

  You might just have a different valve cover. Check it out,
because if it's just the wrong valve cover, plugging is the
right solution.

  Normally, you would connect this to something with a slight
vacuum, which constantly draws vapours and such out of the engine
through here.

> #2: I have to drain the (rancid) fuel that's in the tank now, anyone got
> any hints for this operation?  I was going to disconnect the fuel lines
> at the fuel pump and let it dribble into a clean jar, or maybe just
> siphon most of it out and use the shop-vac to clean out the chunkies.

  Eeeeks, no shop vac, as previously mentioned. That's a bomb.

  A clean way to clean the tank out is to disconnect the fuel lines
at the carbs, stick them into a container, and hand pump the
fuel pump. As long as the tank is less than half full, it might
be faster to enjoy a beverage and do this, rather than working
with lines under the car.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada