Re: Wheel trim rings

To: gbowley@snet.net
Subject: Re: Wheel trim rings
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 27 Jun 97 7:53:25
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Glenn Bowley wrote:

>>I have a '75 Spitfire 1500, and was wondering if these cars came with
chrome trim rings. My wheels are in good shape exept for scratches that
are rusting around the outer ring. This leads me to believe the car may
have had trim rings on it at one point in time. I also saw said trim
rings in the Moss catalog, listed for the 1500.
I am trying to keep the car as original as possible.
Any feedback?<<

Except for a very short time during their production (sorry, but I do not
remember
exactly when),  Spitfires were not shipped with trim rings.  A lot of people put
them on, though, because they look pretty dang good.  Pep Boys, has the best
price on these that I have seen, at $10 bucks each for the 13-inchers.

--
Martin Secrest