Disaster averted....wheel flew off

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Disaster averted....wheel flew off
From: Mark Walker <MDWalker@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:28:41 -0400
Just a reminder to check everything on an old car..................

My friend Mark Bragg had a wheel and spindle (the adapter that bolts to the
lugs) fly off his TR4 late last night.  He was taking a friend for a ride
after a ball game and they lost the left rear wheel and adapter while going
down a hill.  Luckily they were on a four lane highway, not speeding
excessively, and Mark was able to bring the car to a safe halt.

The wheel, unfortunately, headed off the left side of the road toward the
woods and the Holston River.   I was up there at dawn but saw no sign of
the wheel, tire, etc.  A search party will be formed later in the day.

On another note, Mark and I have decided to form a club for Triumphs and
plan to be a chapter of VTR.   Anybody got any experience or suggestions?

I've noticed a lack of sagas about the trials and tribulations of British
Car ownership lately.  I'll try to contribute our weekend stories for your
amusement later.

Mark Walker
TR-250