Re: MGB Backfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB Backfire
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 23:16:34 -0500
Trevor Boicey wrote:
(snip)
>  Note that the late cars had vacuum retard distributors that
>retarded timing at idle. This was for emissions and smooth
>idle.
(snip)
I considered this, interestingly, the vacuum line to the distributor had no
apparent vacuum when I removed it from the distributor, nor did the timing
seem to be affected by connection/disconnection, I need to investigate to
see if this vacuum line is plugged, on purpose or by accident, but even so,
I have to believe the timing is currently set at least 30 deg BTDC, the
timing mark on the pulley was almost obscured by the alternator belt at
idle!
thanks
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  Ilinois license plates "SPIT BOY"   VTR #11526
*Spit happens*