FW: Aeroquip: Source?

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Aeroquip: Source?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 13:58:43 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com]]

     Date: Tue, 10 Jun 97 22:16:18 -0400
     From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
     Subject: Aeroquip: Source?

     The steel braided hoses I purchased are an Aeroquip product.  The hose
     itself is a Teflon material, as pointed out by the others earlier,
     sheathed in steel braid.  It does not expand, and does not
     deteriorate, hence it's use in road racing.

     Pete Chadwell

Pete:
     Can you advise a source for these? I'm doing the brakes right now on
my (single-system) TR3a, and these sound safer...

     Thanks,
     Jim Wallace
     '60 3a TS81417

[Actually, most teflon hose with braided cover is NOT legal for highway use
 in the US of A, as the hose does not pass all the DOT tests required.  The
 teflon hose has trouble with the whip test and freeze/thaw cycles.  mjb.]