IT'S FIXED !! (was MY CAR WON'T START)

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: IT'S FIXED !! (was MY CAR WON'T START)
From: "Mark S. Lepore, M.D." <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 22:59:46 -0400
Cc: DANMAS@aol.com, fontaine@scooby.lklnd.usf.edu, emanteno@ix.netcom.com, "thefryes@iconn.netak627"@dayton.wright.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thank you all very much for your quick responses to my emergency.  The
problem was, in fact, what many of you suggested: The battery was just
flat out bad.  I replaced it with a new one, and the car starts fine.
My many thanks.
Also, thank you all for the idle speed responses.  I have yet to tear
into that problem.

One more question: At this point, do I still need to worry that the
alternator might not be working.  In other words, could it be that the
last battery died before its time because it was not being charged by
the alternator.  If so, I fear the same will happen to this new
battery.  Anyone know if this could be the case, and how could I
diagnose this (e.g. looking at the amp gauge, or something).
Sirmoog