Re: TR6 seat clearance

To: Lex Garey <LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us>
Subject: Re: TR6 seat clearance
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:47:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Lex Garey wrote:

> Hello Scott -
> I just re-installed my seat rails, and noticed that one of the rails (inner or
> outer) on each seat had two holes near the front, instead of just 1.  If you
> use the wrong hole, it will cause the whole assembly to be rotated
> slightly.   I did that , and the seats didn't slide well until I used the
>right one.
> Maybe that'll help; maybe not.
> Good luck.
>
> -Lex Garey, Shelby, NC    '74 TR6

Lex:

The seat clearance of the b-post was solved
by an earlier post. I offset the seat bolts on the
rails. The rail has two holes, a front and a back,
on each side which the seat bolts into. If you bolt
the left side of the seat into the rear hole and
the right side of the seat into the front hole, it
cocks the seat on the rail and now it will slide back
and clears the b-post by a 1/2".

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6