Re: Droopy TR-4 Motor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Droopy TR-4 Motor
From: token1@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:45:22 -0700
Posted-date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:37:31 -0700 (PDT)
MR. Mike wrote:

>Not meaning to ask stupid questions, but have you checked the
>rear mount (at the tranny)?  The slipstream tends to migrate
>oil that way and the rubber will degrade quickly if you're not
>careful about oil distribution (read leaks).  The PO of
>CT34831L had a similar problem (contact between fan and
>radiator) which he griped about to me when he sold it, and
>which I solved by replacing that piece.  If it's shot, the
>front two won't hold everything together for very long.
>
>                                                        -MM

In both cases the rear mount looks good, but niether is new.

As a side note, everone who has responded to me about this problem, with
personal experiance, has referred to a NON Over Drive car.  Both cars I
am haveing the problem with are NON Over Drive vehicles.  Could this be
an afliction seen only in Over Drive challanged vehicles?  Anyone ever
seen this problem in an Over Drive equiped car?

So Long,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
   email: token@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)   Every Day
1962 TR-4 (CT13108L)
1965 Spitfire Mk.II
1967 Spitfire Mk.III  (In work, lots of 1500 stuff)
Keeper of the TR-4 List.  Version 1.2 availible.