Re: TR7 Wheels-BEWARE

To: Keith Ickes <kickes@lucerne.IR.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: TR7 Wheels-BEWARE
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 15:15:07 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Keith Ickes wrote:

> Victoria British carries a 15 x 7 inch 5 spoke alloy wheel for the TR7 and
>TR8.
> Presumably this wheel has a 4 x 3.75 bolt pattern. Does anyone know what
>company
> makes the wheel and what model it is?  VB wants $330 each for the wheels which
> seems quite high and I wonder if some of the discount wheel places might have
> the same thing for a whole lot less.

Keith and All

Beware on TR7 Wheels.  They are the same bolt pattern as the Spitfire
and does not fit ANY OTHER CAR ON PLANET EARTH (except GT6 and some
Lotus stuff that used Triumph hubs).  This bolt pattern is about 2mm
different than the standard you refer to.

My 65 Spit is running on a set of Indy style mags salvaged from a TR7.
$50 for the set at Pick-N-Pull.

Also to note, the TR7 used a 7/16 stud.  The Spit has a 3/8 stud.
Although the hub holes are the same size.  So it is easy to retrofit the
7/16 studs into the Spit.  If you are of a mind to do this, order the
REAR TR7 studs for the job.  They are different than the Front ones from
the TR7.  The front ones will not work. Different head configuration.
Also, there is an installation trick you need to know about.  Don't even
have to remove the brake parts to do the job.  Email me privately if you
want to know.

Brian