TR-6 QUESTIONS

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-6 QUESTIONS
From: "John Di Fede"<difejo@consumer.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 97 11:29:35 -0500
     Ok, I've been driving my TR-6 for a while now and have some questions.

     Can anybody answer these?

     I,ve got wire wheels from the PO.  Recently two went flat from leaks
     at the valve stem.  Has anybody experienced this?  Is this one of the
     common problems with wires?

     Also I've got a high speed miss in the engine.  All the ignition parts
     are new Lucas pieces with new TRF green wires.  My engine, a 1975 has
     the air pump sealed off, but the EGR valve is functional.  Point dwell
     is 36 degrees.  Timing is 4 degrees ATDC with the distributor
     retard/advance unit connected.  Fuel system looks ok.  I've rebuilt
     the carbs.  Any suggestions on this?

     How critical is the carb float level setting?  I might have been off a
     bit (1 maybe 2mm.) when I set the float level.  I suspect the needle
     valves may be closing a bit early.  Could the carbs have fuel
     starvation?

     Also, the coil looks original.  Any suggestions on testing it?

     Do I have to live with this?

     Thanks in advance

     John Di Fede

     75 TR-6