Re: TR6 hardtop

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 hardtop
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:39:56 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mark S. Lepore, MD wrote:

> Does anyone know what a hardtop for a 1971 Triumph Tr6
> is worth in very good condition?  A car I am considering
> purchasing has one.  I might sell the hardtop and use
> the money for other things the car needs.  Also, if
> anyone is interested, let me know.

The "flip" answer is

  A TR6 hardtop is only worth what a serious buyer
is willing to pay for it."

This is especially true since you are planning on selling
it.  This is true for everything with our 'specialty
cars'.  The price you are able to sell it for depends
on a wide variety of factors including how widely you
advertise it for sale, whether or not anybody happens
to be looking for one right now, etc.  Basically, what
I'm saying is that all anybody can really tell you is
what *they* would be willing to pay for it.

Personally, I would be willing to pay about $400
for a TR6 hardtop in perfect condition, painted to match
my car, with headliner, all attachment hardware, etc.,
in place, assuming it was delivered to my house.  If
the hardtop is in perfect condition, but painted either
white or black, I'd probably be willing to pay $300.
Otherwise, I, personally, would not be interested.

That said, I know that TRF lists TR6 hardtop kits
for about $1500.  I don't know how many they sell at
that price.

--ken

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com