Double-clutching & Top Cleaning

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Double-clutching & Top Cleaning
From: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 17:22:11 -0400
Listers,

Having read the recent thread on doubleclutching, can anyone give a
description of what the benefit might be to a 74 TR6, with a rebuilt
tranny, and how to actually perform this ?  My mechanic had mentioned it
about a month ago, when I commented that my new tranny gnashed when
going into second gear occasionlly, ususlly when cold.

Also, I have a very faded cloth top (bone white) that is picking up
marks from being folded.  Any tips on how to clean ?  everything else
about it is fine, so it won't be replaced for some time yet.

Thanks :-)

Carol "Almost Got The Timing Right" Zingone
74 TR6 -- Sybill
Neptune Beach, FL