Re: Headers? On my TR6?

To: david r simpson <dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com>
Subject: Re: Headers? On my TR6?
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 15:00:39 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
david,

I spoke to a tech rep from ThermoTech, the guys who make one of the
brands of header wrap, a few years ago regarding temp vs. flow rate. I
was again researching an article for our club's newsletter, before
actually wrapping my Monza header. According to him, hotter gasses are
"thinner" and able to flow faster and more easily. The faster the gasses
flow, the better the scavaging effect during exhaust. So, in addition to
keeping the heat out of the engine bay, and away from the carbs, there's
a performance benefit.

Hope that helps,
Charlie B.
Spitfire Pilot