New subscriber, TR6 questions

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New subscriber, TR6 questions
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:53:43 -0400
Hi.  I'm new to this list, though I subscribed to the british-cars list a
few years back.

I just bought a 1974 Mallard Green (nice color!) TR6, and have a couple of
questions.  I do know about VTR and the various parts suppliers.

1)  Is there a step-by-step procedure for proper stowage of the soft top?
I put it down after unzipping the rear window, and turned the sections with
the rear quarter lights inside out, but things still look a little forced.

2) Is there something that's supposed to be fastened to the Velcro on the
top (like weather-stripping, maybe?) there's a slight gap at the top of the
windows.

3) I notice the volt-meter reads around 13.5 when I start the car, and it
then sloowly creeps up to near 15.5V (very close to the red zone on the
meter).  Is this normal? dangerous?  The car has a Delco alternator
installed in it.  I don't know if it has an internal regulator or not.

4) The seller mentioned that the speedometer is unusual.  It is calibrated
in both mph and kph, and the green turn signal light is labeled
"trafficator".  Is this the standard configuration, or do I have a
replacement speedo or odd car?  How do I know if this is a US Federal car,
Canadian model, or what have you?

Thanks in advance for any information, and my apologies if any of these are
FAQ's.

Ted Stevens
Gaithersburg, MD
stevens@erols.com