GT6 ~ Smiths emission valves

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 ~ Smiths emission valves
From: iani@tcp.co.uk
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 18:36:31 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <iani@popmail.tcp.co.uk>
Last year my GT6 mkII  was rebuilt into a GT6+ reimported from the
US. The best bits of both vehicles were amalgamated into one, with
the remaining parts being kept as spares.

The emission control valve that came off the US car has a heavy metal
plate on the top, approximately 1.5 x the thickness of the UK market
cars, this plate has no markings on it whereas the UK ones have
Smiths name on them. In addition, the valve body on the US version is
triangular (inverted in use) whereas the UK one is flat bottomed.

I would be interested to know if any GT6+ owners have a similarly
blank plate and if anyone knows the reason for the difference.

TIA

Ian
iani@tcp.co.uk

1968 GT6 mkII