Re: Re[2]: Drain Hose in Bulkhead

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Drain Hose in Bulkhead
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:32:37 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov, suhring@lancnews.infi.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-06-03 12:05:00 EDT, Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov (Peter
> Mchugh) writes:
>
> > shouldn't we reroute the drain so that it curves back through the
> >       inner fender panel and dumps into/under the firewall, outside the
> >       car????
>
> I'm all ears!
>
> I'm a few months away from having to deal with that on my own car, but I will
> be keenly watching this thread for ideas I can use. I really feel like it
> would be a good idea to reroute the drain, but I'm not sure right now how
> would be the best way. Hopefully, by the time I get to it, you guys will have
> figured out the best way. I thank you in advance!
>
> Dan Masters,
> Alcoa, TN

Sorry to repeat this, but a good solution still seems to simply join a
length of hose to the original short piece, and drill a hole in the front
fender closing plate (bolted on inside the front fender behind the wheels)
and route the pipe out there.  Water drains out - no internal rust
(at least from that source).  Use an elbow to point the external part of
the hose downwards.

Robert Carley
73 TR6