Re: Whats a 'sportscar'????<Pine.OSF.3.90.970530124548.23026E-100000@thu

To: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Whats a 'sportscar'????<Pine.OSF.3.90.970530124548.23026E-100000@thunder>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 15:13:34 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

>I reckon a sports car is one that doesn't necessarily have a monster power
>output or handle perfectly, but feels like you're going for it whenever
>you go out. Noise,draughts (not chess), and a whiff of fuel are all of
>vital importance. It's also got to stand out, Q-cars lose their appeal,
>also in a 'sports-car' if you get whipped you can say that you weren't
>trying!

Agreed!  But you forgot to say that it must be able to perform impressive arse
out power(sic) slides from roundabouts in the wet, so that rules out front
wheel drive! :-)

>British hairdresser week (BHW) started yesterday in North wales. In
>betws-y-coed I saw 2 escort cabrios (usual trim sir), an astra cabrio
>(more off the back perhaps) and a bmw 320i cabrio with white scottie dog
>(hmm, i think highlights are what you need).

That was happening here to, nipped out to change a collegues starter motor on
his escort for him in my dinner hour(ain't I a nice bloke! :-)) and saw a
Midget(roof up), a Stag(roof down), and a Porsche Boxster(Can you believe this,
with a hard top on!!!), BTW, the weather has been gorgeous so there is NO
excuse.  Also saw 2 Spitfires this morning, one with roof, one without, and a
MGB topless!!!!! surprise eh!!!  Also saw the usual Escorts/Astras/Rover
Cabriolets with roofs up!  On a side note, it was our(Leicester area of the
TSSC) monthly meeting last night, club cars filled the car park with 9
Spitfires, 2 Vitesse Mk2 convertibles, Herald Estate and saloon, 3 GT6's, good
turnout for a club meeting eh!

Oh well, must go and think of the beer I'm gonna drink tonight on a Stag do!!!
:-)

Rich