1975 TR6 oil cooler installation

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1975 TR6 oil cooler installation
From: "John Difede" <difejo@consumer.org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 16:20:47 -0400
does anybody have any advice for the instalation of an oil cooler on a 1975
TR6?

I purchased an oil cooler kit at the Carlile PA. import meet, and was under
the impression that the oil cooler mounting holes were already in place on
the radiator support.  A quick glance at the suport crossmember does not
reveal any mounting holes.  As a matter of fact, it looks like the front
license plate support rods (which mount to the radiator support crossmember
where the oil cooler should be) are in the way.  It seems to me that
perhaps the earlier TR6 (without the U.S. specification 5mph bumper) might
have had the holes, but the mounting holes were omitted with the 1974-1975
bumper redesign?   If this is in fact the case, has anybody come up with a
way to securely mount the oil cooler in an alternate location?

John