Re: Panasports

To: smith007@ix5.ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Panasports
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 29 May 97 09:25:21 PDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Phil Smith wrote:
        > ....panasports, what are the requirements,
        > or factors in deciding to use either the 15x6 or 15x7 ? This is for a
TR6.

Phil,
        See my earlier post on Tires.

        Why did I go for 7" Panas rather than 6"?  Aside from the fact
that I was prepared to deal with the clearance problem (which you may
or may not have on your car, and this is the most serious issue), the
7" wheels have a "more aggressive" appearance than the 6" in that the
polished part of the dish is deeper than on the 6", I think by about
1".  Anyone ever compared 6" & 7" side-by-side?  The autoXers out
there may also attest that there are tangible handling benefits fron
the wider rim, but I dont live at lateral 1G, so I cannot offer any
advice there.
        Shane Ingate in San Diego