brake bleeding, which wheel goes first.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: brake bleeding, which wheel goes first.
From: robert ylitalo <robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 22:12:26 +0200
Here is a question that i been wondering about for a while.

I am going to bleed the brakes on my spitfire mkII 65 with a single
brake cylinder. Before sending it to a paint job i tried bleeding it
as the manual says but i did not think the result was perfect. After
this i have replaced every brake part during the winter so the problem
can have been solved.

But i am still wondering on how to bleed the brakes in the correct way
Or isn't there a right way? I can try all methods but i dont want to
waiste brake fluid if i dont have to.

According to manual: Start with the wheel closest to the cylinder.

But according to an old workshop manual and an former professional
mechanic active in the years of the spitfires etc.
You should start with the wheel that is furthest away.

Does any one know the answer or have the same experience as me?

--
Name:           Robert Ylitalo
City/Country:   Kiruna, Sweden