Warbirds and pushrods

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Warbirds and pushrods
From: Barry Fox <foxb@macom.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 97 09:55:54 -0400
Fellow LBCers.
I am so far behind in reading the Digest it is not funny:

For Kurt and others of the B-17/B-24 thread:  these aircraft are
owned by the Collings Foundation of Stow, MA.  I had the opportunity
to meet Mr Collings when he invited our group (New England Triumphs)
to view his extensive antique auto collection (all American stuff,
but quite neat).  He flew them into Beverly (MA) airport a while ago
and a fellow aviation buff and myself visited.  Both are quite
authentically restored and going through them worth the price of
admission.

For the TR6 with too long pushrods:  I also had the misfortune to
have way too much shaved off a head many years ago.  A trip to the
hardware store with a micrometer procured four washers of equal and
correct thickness to raise the rocker shaft sufficiently.  This
worked perfectly well, the car ran like a bear for the next three
years.  (it was a 1960 Valiant, 170 c.i. slant six)

BCW should have included Memorial Day.  My wife, daughter and I went
to Plum Island, MA and saw 3 TR3s, two MGBs and an MG Y tourer,(or
something like it).  Sorry to say we had to take the Probe as the
three of us will not fit the TR4A.  Basil is back on the road after
getting a new water pump and pulley.  Also replaced both battery
cables as they were getting ratty.

Cheers,
Barry W. Fox   65 TR4A CT51681L
W1HFN