Re: Wire harness

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wire harness
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:49:38 -0400
Tom tweed wrote:
"It was useful enough to determine which were the `hot' wires, the switched
ones, etc, by general color codes, but
did not apply directly to the wiring as found on my car...I soon bought a
cheapie V-O meter, which helped me greatly."

I will second Tom's advice and add a caution of my own. When I put the new
harness in my car, I found that the Haynes schematic was wrong in several
respects, so I turned to the Bentley schematic and found that wrong as
well. I finally used 3 different schematics from 2 different books to get
my car wired properly. You have been warned...

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)