Re: TR6 and new "super" plugs

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 and new "super" plugs
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 01:01:20 -0400
Michael D. Porter wrote:
> difference in performance is small. As well, there may be disruptions of
> the flame front by multiple electrodes, so having a spark because of
> multiple ground electrodes may not translate to far better performance.

  I don't much care for "miracle fixes either", so I read the
literature on these products just to see what they are claiming.

  They have diagrams of the flame front also traveling through
the split. Well, they show a two-headed flame front on a conventional
plug, and a three-headed flame front on a splitfire plug. (or
was it a splitfire clone? Anyways.)

  So, the concept of flame front may be lost on their engineers,
but not to their marketing people!

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /