Re: Spax Shocks :

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spax Shocks :
From: Spitfire15@prodigy.com ( CHRISTOPHER J REILLY)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 11:58:13, -0500
-- [ From: Chris Reilly * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

> Does anyone know how to contact Spax ? I am trying to get info on
> some adjustable shocks for my '78 Spitfire.  I am looking at ones that
> have an adjustable spring platform as well as the adjustable shock.
>
> Their website seems to have evaporated...

A brief look on the net suggests the above. However, try both Rimmer
Bros. and Moss Europe, since both sell them. I have to wonder, however,
about their use. By adjustable spring platform, do you mean adjustable
coil-overs, or something else? I'd wonder if there's enough room to fit
coil-overs inside the existing front springs, and whether or not rears
would be advised, given their tendency to raise the spring rate--
something entirely undesireable on the rear of a Spit...?

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....

Thanks to all for the information on the shocks, just got a response
back from Spax and they have the ones I am looking for.  These are front
shocks and the adjustable platform is for the front spring, kinda neat
in that you can adjust ride height and also get the great Spax
adjustments while the shock is mounted.  They referred me to Demon
Tweeks for the shock... time to call overseas.

Chris in Utah
'78 Spitfire ( getting re-wired, soon to be DSP SOLOII )
'68 Lemans ( Next in line )
'68 Scout ( Wifes daily driver )
'92 Honda ( Backup autocrosser  ... are there no more H stockers ? )