Trunions Don't Fit

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Trunions Don't Fit
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 23:13:23 -0700
My  recent parts order from Moss included the necessary rear trunion
parts for the 65 Spit.  Quinton Hazell brand (QH).  Problem: they
plastic pieces do not fit in the hub hole.  They can be forced, but then
the sleeve does not fit in the plastic without force.  It is supposed to
easily rotate in the hole.

Bad parts.  Anyone else have same problem?  According to the BV catalog
(the only one handy with Spit I to Spit 1500 parts), it is the same part
for all years 62 to 80.

Anyone else have similar quality problems?  How about a source for
another brand.  The fronts I received from TRF and are still in the
box.  THey are also QH and possibly won't fit.

HELP HELP HELP!!  Is there a MOSS man on the list?

Brian Neuschwander

65 Spit
79 Spit