Re: Mallard Blue or Mallard Green

To: smith007@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mallard Blue or Mallard Green
From: Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 09:28:26 +0900
smith007@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I'm looking at the paint chips here on line. Dupont International Colors,
> and listed is a Mallard Green #106,  43180 . In the book Original Triumph
> TR, listed #106 Mallard Blue, a 1972-73 color. Question; are there 2
> colors Mallard Blue and Mallard green, or are these one and the same?
>
> Phil Smith
> Tampa, FL.
> 69 TR6

Phil,

Mallard is a dark bluish green color.  Depending on whether you favor
blue or green, it is either mallard blue or mallard green.  The color
also was available on '74's.  I have an original '74 sales brochure
that has color chips in it.  Mallard is listed.  I am having my '74
changed from Brown to Mallard....beautiful color with tan interior.  It
is too dark (IMHO) to look good with black interior.

Chad (With new baby boy on 5/13) Jester