Brit Car Week in San Diego

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brit Car Week in San Diego
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 12 May 97 14:45:19 PDT
All,

        Well, I spent the better part of the weekend waxing and
detailing "Rags" for this week.  Not that I'll get a prize or
anything, but I thought we would put our best foot forward.

        On the drive to work this AM, did not see another Brit car
(I've yet to meet the other San Diegans on the list - its pretty
hard in America's sixth largest city).  I even took "Rags" for a nice
long run through the beach cities, from Oceanside in the North
to Imperial Beach near the Mexican border.  Still not another
Brit car.  Lots of Miatas (even saw 3 together once, it looked like
a gaggle of ducks).  I did see the new Porsche Boxter, and was suprized
at how large it seemed.  Its MUCH larger than the TR6!  Nearly as
imposing as a Corvette!

        However to offset the dissapointment of not seeing another
Brit car, I did get all sorts of waves and thumbs up from several
beatifully restored Yank Iron - they certainly saw my appreciation!

        Maybe I'll fly a Union Jack from the roll-bar tomorrow?

        Shane Ingate in San Diego