Spitfire / GT6+ Bumper Swap ???

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire / GT6+ Bumper Swap ???
From: John Suchak <maxx@cybermax.net>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 20:07:57 -0400
I've found a nice set of bumpers on a GT6+ of unknown vintage down at
the local wrecking yard.  Some DPO painted them black, but they appear
to be in nice shape and could easily be polished.

I've got a '77 Spit, and not only are the bumpers ratty, but I hate the
big rubber boobies and all of the extra crap on them...  Will the GT6+
bumpers fit my Spit?  They look to be pretty much the same, although I
havent done any serious measuring yet.  I'd really prefer the cleaner
look of the old style.  A bolt on?

Thanks in advance,

John