Re: #^&^# Rear Springs Again

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: #^&^# Rear Springs Again
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 14:24:04 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I agree with Roger Bolick on this one.

Use the poly bushings back there.

Also, Moss sells an "uprated" or competition rear spring whose static
height is at least an inch or more shorter than the springs that TRF and
TS Imports sell. I think the static hieght is something like 10.25 inches
for the Moss unit. I have the Moss springs on my car and I like them.

Also note, again echo of Roger's comment: you can change the shackles
around back there to get different setups.

Now, my opinion is that a lot of folks set the rear up too high. The
reason I don't like this is that under very hard cornering it is possible
to bottom the suspension in such a way that the rear shock lever hits the
frame: the result is that you pick the inside wheel off the ground! I've
done this, it looks cool, but I'd rather have the rubber on the road!

C Ya,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Several, more coming in every day.